Friday 30 May 2014

The Great Job Hunt!

 

Hello Hello Hello! ONE AND ALL! Did you all miss me? yes? Why thank you I missed you too! No? well….thanks for being here either way!

So Sorry for not updating sooner! As well, basically life got in la way so to speak. I know, I know any well rounded young man such as myself should know how to balance a perfect blend of work, fun, play, life etc etc, oh wait I have no job! Well…that’s that equation out the proverbial window.

So yes, today’s postage is about the great job hunt! Yes, I am still single and yes I am still looking for a job. I graduated last year form university and have done two different jobs since then, and yet even if I go to these interviews, either I’m doing something wrong or well the other candidates did a whole lot better…which to me suggests the same thing but that’s a different story…

Anyway! I just have to use this post to rant a little, soz buckets indeed for impending rantage!
On a side note, I am currently writing this while listening to some fab K-pop and drinking copious amounts of Jasmine tea, two loves of mine in one go! Good times!

But, I digress, soz again.

So, the jobs market is opening up finally, well, not for me it feels like. Is it just me who is having a hard time in finding a job? I mean, these places where I really want to work or the area that I really want to get into, they all want someone with experience or a degree in the said subject…but what of passion? What of learning quickly on the job? What of giving someone the chance who, on paper might not fit, but in person/actuality fits more than enough?

I find it both sad and disturbing how companies these days are slowly more and more disregarding the individual that they are aiming to employ for someone who just ‘fits’ the job requirement perfectly…at least on paper. It does make me a little angry, I must say.

I won’t say it’s not fair, even though it’s true, but of course life isn’t fair.. but then again that really is a ‘modern’ ‘social-construct’ just like pink for girls and blue for boys is also another social-construct, BOXES  and I’m not, sadly, referring to the fun boxes either…sad times my friends sad times indeed.

Let me just quickly draw you all to a story I was told last week.

Basically, This engineering company only usually take on experienced and/or qualified people, a la 99% of every company out there. But this time they agreed to take on a new trainee? I believe. As he was a friend’s family member, if memory serves; however, on paper he didn’t look right for the role, AT ALL.

They meet this young man and he is actually lovely, bright, and intelligent and well generally someone that you would quite happily work together with and would want to even.

So, they gave him a go and what do you know? He actually has now become one of the best and one of the most promising attributes to the company! So they were very happy in the end that they took that huge leap/chance and it actually paid off! Well done that man and well done to that company!

THINK OUTSIDE THESE MAN-MADE BOXES!

I’d love to get into fashion, art, or the creative industries and event management. These are where my passion lies and I do have some experience in each of these areas. But just because on paper I seem wrong for the role, I get dismissed as another ‘wannabe’. It’s sad and well more fool them for not taking a chance, I mean, nothing ventured nothing gained, correct?

That’s enough of my bleating on about this subject.

On a side notage! I will be starting youchoobage soon folks! Keep an eye out! Please and Thank you


So, Scottie Says…

Keep going on that great job hunt, for something will eventually turn up sooner or later and have faith in yourself, also please everyone out there, THINK OUTSIDE THAT PROVERBIAL BOX!

P.S. If anyone knows of a job for me please do not hesitate and message me up! Shameless promotion here, soz buckets like totally soz!

No comments:

Post a Comment