Tuesday 13 May 2014

Eurovision 2014: Paper balls, Cheering and Booing

 



Oh haaay boyz and gurls! How y’all been doing? Good? Yes ? yes? No? well I'm sorry to hear that and let me just say that I hope you are all sitting or standing or kneeling…or whatever you are doing while reading this post, comfortably! With, perhaps a nice cup of tea in hand, or even a herbal infusion for the more ‘experimental’ among you all, oooh!

Anyways today’s topic is this year’s Eurovision Song Contest!

Yes…you DID just read that right! Muwhahaha….

Soz…bucket load of soz…

So! Where was I?... Ah yes! Eurovision 2014!



So, for those of you who don’t know what it is, here you go, see, I DO love you all!


“…is an annual song competition held among the member countries of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) since 1956.
Each member country submits a song to be performed on live television and radio and then casts votes for the other countries' songs to determine the most popular song in the competition. The contest has been broadcast every year since its inauguration in 1956 and is one of the longest-running television programmes in the world. It is also one of the most watched non-sporting events in the world, with audience figures having been quoted in recent years as anything between 100 million and 600 million internationally.” – Courtesy of Wikipedia


So, there you all have it. It’s safe to say that these days at least it’s very popular amongst the LGBT circles and cheesy, camp and ludicrous songs have become a Eurovision staple to say the least, but, it really is a bit of fun I suppose.

Anyway, So, Saturday just gone, I met up with a good friend of mine for happy hour cocktails, which were, fyi, Lychee martini (a godsend!) and Peach parva (again bliss!) I urge you all to hunt these drinks down and try them out immediately! Only not immediately passé cos you should finfish reading this soon to be mildly long blog post, soz in advance. #sorrynotsorry




And we also had a Satay platter and some Roti with a spicy/curry type dip…yes it was as epic and amazing as it sounds! Please see la above collage, oh yes we treat you well here at Scottie Says…

So, after that merriment we headed off into the sunset…okay we got on the bus to a nearby area and made for the gay bar/pub/club and entered t a hotbed of drinking, cheering chit-chat and blaring Eurovision songs form varying countries…yes, we got there late… whoops, and no I’m not sorry.

Anyways, so once we were suitably furnished with a large rum and coke each, (this place had a sign up saying their standard serving size is 50mls which is basically a double, EPIC!) ahem….ANYWAY

So we drank and listened then once UK came on that’s it all hell broke loose, everyone was cheering and screaming and being well generally happy and cheery and well if you excuse the pun, gay.

We found some seats and sat while other shiz was happening in Copenhagen that no one really cared about to allow for votage to occur. During that time I heard the two drag queens who were ‘presenting’ the coverage say about remembering to boo whenever Russia got any points…

So, voting was done and dusted now came the looong and laborious sat-links to EACH member state/country in the European union, which is cool, cos not every country can compete in said competition and I think I am rambling now am I? At least I hope not…shi** sorry…ahem….

Just gimme this one… RAMBLAGE!

Satisfying wasn’t that!? Come along now let’s say this all together…. 

RAMBLAGE!

Good…

Now, and indeed everyone cheered whenever someone saw fit to give the UK any points at all, bless you all who gave us points, let us have no more ‘Nul points’ debacle ever again please, not that we care as much as the rest of Europe seem to… or do we? Maybe it’s just me? anyho…
Indeed whenever Russia were given any points everyone booed the hell outta the place and even some people were throwing paper balls at the screen/s haha! Good times! And of course everyone was cheering on Austria every time they got points, jolly good show! It was the gay equivalent of a rowdy bunch of football (soccer) fans! I must say.

So, then it was over and Austria won in the end, well done, I personally loved the Hungarian entry, the guy was hot and the song was really good and would easily go down a storm in any UK club!
So afterwards and another drink and perhaps at least one shot of tequila later my friend and I made our way to the back part of the bar which was a club, I was shocked and amazed, she said I was a bad gay for not knowing these things and I had to put my hands up because I couldn’t argue with that and RAMBLAGE! SORRY!

So yes… that was it really, we ended up clubbing and going between the fairly repetitive club music and the much more fun and singable bar part, much more up this 80’s/90’s music whores street!
So, what can I say, it was great fun and a good light hearted time out with a dear friend.

There ya go folks, give Eurovision a watch sometime its fun and interesting, apart from the blatant political voting..but I won’t get into that now. I hope you all enjoyed this blog post! And Much lovage to you all! THANK YOU!

And there will be an announcement coming soon!...it’s nothing too special so um..yeah…


So Scottie Says…

Go out there and love life and club, dance and sing! Drink and be merry! Aaaand let’s all love a bit of cheesy camp pop music! Haha!

P.S. I really am craving Jasmine tea! I need to buy some…seriously I could live off that stuff, try drinking like the equivalent of 6 pots of Jasmine tea and see just how giddy you get! TRUST ME! I have once and it was hilarious…laughing at nothing really…. #sozbuckets




No comments:

Post a Comment