Monday 5 May 2014

Fashion, Fashion, Fashion!

 
 
OH HAAAAAAYY BOYZ AN GURRLZ!
 
DASSRIGHT! I'm back! didya miss me? no? well.... I say steady on eh...
Either wayz.. WELCOME BACK!
 
So, today’s topic is fashion, well to be more precise, fashionable people.
 
My question and ponderings of the day are this:
 
What makes a person fashionable? How does one define a Fashionista and a fashion terrorist?

Well, a quick search on Google says:
 
Fashionable – Google
 
1. Characteristic of, influenced by, or representing a current popular style.
 
Fashionista – Google
 
1. A designer of haute couture.
2. A devoted follower of fashion.
 
Fashion terrorist – Urban dictionary
 
“Someone whose mismatching of clothing does not do them any justice; someone who cannot follow the basic, general rules of fashion.”
 
Let’s talk about fashionable people and fashion terrorists for a moment.
 
Isn’t it more about if a person is dressed in something that adds to and enhances their ‘look’. If people do follow this route, then surely they will become ‘fashionistas’? Is this true? Is this really the case? What do you all think? Is it more important to be fashionable, or a Fashionista?
 
Anyway, let’s carry on, to me, it seems as if only a handful of people can seem to pull of most if not all types/styles of clothing and looks.
 
To take a different view on this, we could say that this is just natures own way of telling us that you are a fashionable person, or even are able to be a Fashionista or not even.
 
Haha! It’s amusing to think that nature/your body/looks are in secretive cahoots with the fashion police/fashion ether and makes sure you don’t go too far out of your comfort zone, on a stylistic level, cos if you do, then it might just not suit you and then, according to some of society you then risk becoming a fashion terrorist.
 
Gosh this is going on a bit isn’t it? Soz buckets!  I don’t think one needs to wear anything designer, or branded in order to be a Fashionista or fashionable, otherwise we are just bowing to what popular culture, shallow people, popular entertainment and magazines are telling us what’s ‘in’ and what’s fashionable.
 
What happened to free spirits? The choice to not be judged as much by what one wears?
I suppose it’s too much to ask to not be judged? Because I suppose that we all judge each other, in one way or another, even more so when it comes to clothing and accessories.
How about not putting everyone in boxes?
 
I believe that;
 
A: one must feel totally comfortable and confident in what they are wearing.
 
Choose your garment and wear it with PRIDE! PRIDE I SAY! Excuse the little outburst of passion there. Soz, soz indeed.
 
And B: one can look however they want to look, it can be as whacky as they like, I mean look at La GaGa, she’s fresh, funky and definitely a ‘fashionista’, if we are to follow the definition stated above.
 
However, personally, I’m not a fan of the let’s call it ‘tramp-shaggy-chic’ look, but that’s just me, and some people can carry it off really well.
 
Now hold your horses folks, I'm not saying that we shouldn’t take pride in our appearance, I think we should and I think that’s part and parcel of looking after oneself, on an outward level, along with regular exercise, which also benefits the inside too, again, it’s part of looking after oneself and showing off what you were born with to its best.
 
Big fat soz if this post has been a little messy compared to others, I think it’s just how my brain is most days…. Whoops! Soz seriously…like totes sowwie!
 
 
So, Scott Says…
 
Choose your style, experiment, go for many styles, find what works for you, have a style for every occasion, though not all at once mind, that really could be a train-wreck just waiting to happen. Wear it confidently and full of pride in your own personal style and look, keep that head held high no matter what people say. Oh, and don’t forget to go a bit cray cray on your hurr too! Dye that shiz up! THAT’S RIGHT I SAID IT! HAHA
 
Lovage my lil fashionistas and fashionmistas
 
Yes I did just write Fashionmistas cos that’s how I roll, innit!  Just coining words left, right and centre.
 
P.S. Soz buckets for the fairly long, boring? And preachy? Post!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment