Friday 15 May 2015

Colour, Colour Everywhere!

 
 
HEYA Y'ALL HAAAAY!
 
That's right, I'm back baby!
 
How are you all? .... good? good.
 
Before we begin, can I just say sorry for any babbling and faffing about, (good word! faffing! haha), that may or may not happen and also for any lack of coherence, I'm tired.. Sorry!
 

 
So, I was walking down the fabulous oxford street the other day after work and as I passed by the shops, I noticed that fashion has seemingly 'lost' the sort of middle-ground so to speak.
What I mean is, that colour! Colour has occurred and also sleek, but sleek with colour!
 
So for example, I was struck by the bright and cool and interestingly coloured suits I saw in Topman's windows, also in Zara, I saw their cool, edgy and smart-ish, wear, but it all had a colour within those rages.
 
This delights me so much, as I totally love colour, the more colour the better I say!
Fashion, as I have said before, is of course a personal one, I feel and that we should all try and embrace colour in both our wardrobe and in life.
 
There was a slightly older lady in the shop I work at the other day, and she said how her husband had forgotten about her birthday present one year and so got her a thousand pounds worth of gift tokens and she went and bought a fabulous and cool funky almost, Vivian Westwood coat, with the money; she said how she was a bit afraid of it and gave it to her daughter instead.
 
My colleague and I both said the same thing, "Nooo! you should wear it! take it back! and wear it!"
The lady said how as she had gotten older she likes colour more and more and we all agreed that she should embrace the coat and go for it and enjoy wearing her purchase.
 
Which made me wonder, how many people out there stick to black, white, grey and other muted colours, for fear that they would be judged? or that they would be looked at and stared at? even that they could never pull off such a feat, as wearing a bright piece of clothing.
 
Are you scared, so to speak, of colour? or are you just happy with muted and pastel colours? are bright colours totally not your thing in general, and there's no real reason why?
Let me know how you all feel please!

I personally love pretty much all colours, including black, white, muted and pastel colours. I think that we all should be a little braver and try something different. the next time you are going for a night out, why not wear that bright top, or those bright jeans, or that bright dress!?
 
I do feel however that in recent years more and more people are embracing both chunky and statement jewellery and also brighter and bolder colours and patterns, but done in a sophisticated way. good, I say, good!
 
However I do still love all saints and their edgy and dark smart styles, like Reiss too!
Name dropping! I know, soz buckets folks, but well, it's what one area that I love.... fashion and London is the place for it, I must say!
 
 
So, Scottie says..
Go forth and embrace the funk! take a risk on an interesting outfit or mix it up and change up your style sometimes, or everyday even. wear that bright top you always wanted to but was too afraid to, you never know, it could look amazing!
Don't forget folks, that some colours will not work with particular skin tones and hair colours! I'll do a post about that soon! let me know how you get on please!
 
Tweet me: @ScottieHSays
Instagram me: asianpopguru

No comments:

Post a Comment